Monday, March 19, 2007

Chapter 4 - Re-Writes Extraordinaire

I have finally begun to generate my script for my DH submission !
I was working on it free hand over the weekend, testing out the initial idea I had. But a re-write was definitely needed, and probably will be needed for this one. Ideas were never a problem for me, but I think as my partner told me a few days ago that I need to focus more on a single idea and move on once it's finished (thanks, hon !) And she is absolutely right.
Which is why I have so many re-writes for this one idea. The latest re-write I have in mind concerns who the main character should be. I have a great, classical hero for the part - protector and helper of the people. But I also have this even more spectacular villain - evil to the core and power hungry.
I have never written anything with the bad guy as the main focus, and I think it would be challenging. I think that would be the next re-write I'll try, even though I know it will be difficult. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments: