Thursday, March 8, 2007

Chapter 2 - Time As Effort

The greatest obstacle that a writer has is time.
I never seem to have enough time to do anything, especially write something. I find myself more and more writing whenever I can, which means places where writing is either difficult or distracting (trying writing an outline while sitting on a bouncing bus...)
But seriously, many of us struggling writers face a conundrum - we either get a job to support ourselves and write whenever and wherever we can, or write full time and wait for the deals to start coming in so that we can stop being poor...

I have a job, but it really is hard to write while working almost 40 hours a week...
As for Marvel, I've been trying to come up with an idea that would interest them, but it's proving more and more difficult as I think about it. How do you write a proposal that has some of the world's biggest icons as their main characters ? (I don't think they would appreciate a struggling writer pitching a story for Spider-Man...)
I wonder if it's even worth to try and get their attention...if I do impress them, then what sort of job will I get ? Will I guest write a regular character ? Will I write my own limited series ?


Keefer


No comments: