Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Chapter 1 - Marvel Comics

A part of my dream to write belongs to comic books. It's a medium that had captured my attention since I was a boy, and it has stayed with me ever since.

I had been recently reading the Marvel website keeping up to date with the stories that have been recently published, and I randomly checked the submission guidelines section of the site.
Normally the submissions for the site were closed, but they were accepting (and still are...)
I'm not certain whether or not I could even get a shot at pitching an idea, but I intend to find out.
There is one thing that bothers me about the submission rules : What the hell are we supposed to write when we have to describe why we want to write for the publisher ?
What else are we supposed to put - for money ? Glory ? Victory ? For my country ?
I guess pitching to a publisher as big as Marvel would be like heading for a job interview - Why do you want to work for us ?

Stay tuned for a Short Story section I will be starting in between my book reviews. It seems like many publishers - including Marvel - want some sort of sample/writing experience before agreeing to hear an idea pitch. What better place to do it, than here ?

Keefer

No comments: