Saturday, March 10, 2007

Chapter 3 : Finally ! A Chosen Project !

As the title says for this journal entry, I have finally agreed upon a project which I will be starting off on.
I will be writing up a pitch for Dark Horse comics on an idea I have for a graphic novel.

I haven't read too many titles from DH , but I know that they have a very realistic and gritty feel to their titles. I remember being younger and picking up a DH title here and there, and saying to myself : "These guys are hardcore..."
DH was (and sometimes still is) known for it's original story ideas, with more leeway in terms of the censors. I remember picking up a copy of Grendel : War Child and seeing Grendel chop off a guy's head with a makeshift lightsaber - gives Darth Vader a run for his money, huh ?
And with the idea I have, I think it will fit right in with DH's reputation....hopefully, they like the idea as much as I do.

I won't be posting the idea up on the blog (I think I need to keep this to myself for now....), but I will be updating so stay tuned...and don't worry - I haven't forgotten about Marvel. But I think the idea I have in my head wouldn't have suited them.

Keefer

No comments: